Saturday, November 23, 2013

KEEP WORKING

11-14-13 

I’m sore today! But in a good way! My hamstrings are tender and my chest is sore.  I guess from the squats and the few pushups I did?? Possibly that pillow slam, but man- that’s pretty wimpy and hard to admit to?!? :~} BUT!! My back isn’t sore at all! YAY! So that’s great news! I feel like I should do something again today, but honestly I have never done well at exercising EVERY SINGLE day.  I am more a 3 times a week gal.  I wish I could somehow motivate myself to WANT to do something every day, I guess that will have to be a goal for later on.  Perhaps getting back to 3 times a week and a healthy back should be my goal for now.  I also desperately need to get my eating back under control.  For me controlling what goes into my mouth is SOOOOOOO much easier when I am working out.  Almost everyone I have ever met tells me that the more they exercise the hungrier they are.  But for me it’s the opposite.  The more I exercise the less I eat.  I’m sure it is some psychological thing where if I am putting the effort into making my body healthier I need to be more aware of what I put into my body as well.  

Speaking of which, I suppose my choice for dinner tonight is not really all that healthy.  But my boys are sure excited about dinner tonight.  Chili and corn bread last night, and hubby actually called me yesterday afternoon to make sure I was still making chili?? WHAT? He NEVER does that.  He said he had been thinking of chili all day and didn’t want to be disappointed.  I only make chili after Halloween and only when it’s cool or rainy.  Can’t help it.  Soups, stews and chilis are just cool weather food in my book.  The boys certainly wish I would make them all year long, but I just can’t! 

So tonight is chicken and dumplings.  Another exciting meal! YUM! After years of playing around with recipes and making it way harder on myself I finally found this recipe on Pinterest. Now- not all my pinned recipes have been a success, but this was delicious! So simple and easy! Tastes like you have been cooking all day! And with the help of a rotisserie chicken, dinner in no time!!
Here’s the link to my pinterest board:
this recipe is super quick and easy, thanks so much to Tasty Kitchen Member Tiffany from Eat At Home! Love your recipe!!

Maybe by next week I can get a little closer to healthier meals??  So how do you like your dumplins?? More like noodles or more like biscuits?? I’m more a noodle girl myself.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment