Tuesday, November 26, 2013

11-26-13

My oh my was I busy yesterday! But it seemed I got nothing done.  Ever have those kind of days? I feel like sometimes all I ever do I rush around staying busy and never accomplishing anything at all! Today it's time to head to Publix and get everything I need to make my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner.  So far my contributions are sausage stuffing/dressing, fresh green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, chocolate shortbread pecan squares and a gingerbread pumpkin trifle.  YUM!

I haven't managed to get any more exercise in since Friday.  I am hoping to at least use the elliptical for 25 minutes today and do some back and core strengthening exercises.  My back is bothering me again :( I think the pain from the herniated disks presents itself as tightness in my low back and when I continue to persist and do too much then it turns into actual pain.  I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to my body before and that's why I ended up causing so much damage.  How do you keep being active and exercising when you aren't really sure what causes the pain?? I don't seem to experience any pain within 24 hours of exercising but it seems if I exercise 2 times in a week within 2-3 days I seem to feel some discomfort.  So frustrating! I feel like I will never get back to my routine at the CrossFit box.

I guess I better get to the store so I can start cooking! I will share some recipes as I make them later. I know I haven't been prepared to assist you with your Thanksgiving plans, but maybe you can get a jump start on Christmas!

Collette

No comments:

Post a Comment