Wednesday, December 4, 2013

5K and cookies

Well I kinda gave up on exercise for awhile.  I was feeling more pressure and tightness in my low back and had the shocking revelation that THAT was the warning sign I ignored for 10 months!!! I just assumed it was tight muscles- no BIG deal!! Well... let me tell you! It was a big deal!!!!!  so I backed off the exercise for awhile and kinda gave up on trying to record my progress and TRYING to keep myself accountable.  'Cause really - how does this make me accountable?? I have not told not a single person I know about the blog! So... it is just little ole me on this great big huge world wide web. Unknown to every single person I know!  :)
Well on Monday, my daughter called and said that she and my son's girlfriend were going to sign up for a 5K.  Hmmmmmmm, I thought, I have done a 5K before, it will give me a reason to stay active, and it's not for 3 months?!?!?!  Sign me up!! So both my daughters, and my son's GF, and 2 of my friends have all signed up! Now?? Now I have some accountability.  The 5K seems pretty laid back and the perfect official 5K race to enter.  While I have run 5K before I have never entered a race.  I have run a 5K twice at CF and ran more than 5K while on vacation this past summer in Canada.  (can I just tell you how much EASIER it is to run when there is NO humidity!! OMG!)

So I am officially entered into Tampa's Run or Dye 5K on March 1, 2014.  YAY!!!!! It looks like it will be a blast- can not wait!
\
Does that look like so much fun?? Maybe I will forget I am even running?!? Yeah- I doubt it.  Here is the website if you want to see if they have one near you.  http://www.runordye.com

So now I am back to trying to use the C25K program.  I like that it tells you what to do and for how long and there is no chance of overdoing it too much- too fast.  I am sure I have downloaded at least 4 different C25K apps, but I think I finally found the one I like.  This one I can actually hear over my music- it actually lowers the volume and vibrates as it tells you "start running", "stop running".  AND more importantly this one tells you when you are at the halfway point and says"turn around".  I cannot tell you how many times I was too far from home when the 30 minutes were up.  Now the hard part.  Will I stick with it? I have gotten to week 3 several times before and then I kinda fizzle out, well, actually I flat out quit and give up.  The weather here has been perfect for running lately- high 60s to low 70s, but now this crazy Florida weather is putting us back into the 80s.  Can we please have some cooler weather?? Hello? it is December.  Yes, I know its Florida, but come on! We like our boots and scarves too.  And being back in flip flops is just ridiculous! Since I have lived her for 38 years you would think I would be use to our warm winters and no change in the seasons.  But alas~ I still crave those seasonal changes.

There are more recipes to come, I just haven't been cooking much lately, or there have been remade leftovers going on! And I have some Christmas dinner recipes to share with you but I'm thinking its a little too early still.  Unless it's cookies! YUM! But I won't let myself make cookies yet because I will just eat them and that certainly isn't helping lose the weight I have managed to put back on since not being able to  go to CF.

So Since I am not making cookies for at least another week I thought I would share some cookies that I am dreaming about right now.

Gooey S'mores cookies
Gooey Smores Cookies

these are from Kevin & Amanda http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/gooey-smores-cookies.html

TPW_3224

Citrus Butter Cookies by the Pioneer Woman http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/citrus-butter-cookies/

Brown Sugar Cookies with Maple Caramel GlazeBrown Sugar Pecan Cookies with a Caramel Glaze by Heather Christo  http://heatherchristo.com/cooks/2013/12/02/brown-sugar-pecan-cookies-with-caramel-glaze/

chocolate pecan pie bars
Chocolate Pecan Pie Squares   also by Heather Christo  http://heatherchristo.com/cooks/2013/11/15/chocolate-pecan-pie-bars/
I actually made these for thanksgiving, OH MY!!

I am also wanting to make my peppermint topped fudge, which is my own recipe and I have no pictures yet! So we will have to remedy that one!! And also Maple Crown Whiskey truffles.  Again, my recipe, oh my deliciousness! I promise to share!

What's on your cookie list?

Collette

No comments:

Post a Comment